As you know, it is very important to have your operating system up to date so that latest vulnerabilities would be patched and nasty bugs would be fixed. Upgraded operating system is a crucial point for computer and online security.
Steps to upgrade your Mac to OS X 10.10.5
- Check your network settings to see if you are on a secure connection.
- See that your Mac is plugged in to a power source.
- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar to choose software update. It will be at the top left of the menu.
- You will be asked to agree an Apple user’s license agreement and run other updates. It is all a part of the main upgrade.
- It will take its own course depending on your system. Let it run without disturbing it by either unplugging or switching it off and on.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. iCloud and keychain needs verification.
- Your Mac is now freshly upgraded and ready for use.
Steps to protect Macs from threats
Macs are normally more secure than PCs but they too need protection. Here’s how you can set up basic protection:
- Check if your Mac is using the upgraded OS X 10.10.5. If not, upgrade it.
- Put on your Firewall to safeguard your system against other internet connections, except your secure connection.
- Turn on the Gatekeeper which is already there in your system. It will help your Mac to ward off unidentified developers’ apps.
Follow these simple tips and you will never have to worry about most Mac security problems. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in comments below.